Senior Health Insurance Assistance Program
The SHIP program provides clients access to trained staff and volunteers who usually operate from area on aging offices. The counselors will provide those who need information with both in-person and telephone assistance if they can’t make it to an office. Get help with the following.
- Medicare program, including details and help applying for benefits such as Prescription Drug Coverage Program (Medicare Part D) and any state supplements.
- Assistance with health insurance denials, appeals and grievances.
- Disabled Medicare beneficiaries, even those under 65, receive information, help with health care needs, and support.
- Learn about Long Term Care Insurance as well as Medicare Advantage Plans (HMOs, preferred provider organizations).
- Medical bill assistance programs as well as additional resources may be offered for low-income beneficiaries.
- Other services are offered from the Senior Health Insurance Assistance Program.